Apprenticeships – Benefiting Business
Over 130,000 workplaces across the UK offer apprentices places. Why? Because they understand the benefits that apprentices bring to their business: increased productivity, improved competitiveness and a committed and competent workforce鈥o name just a few.
At Capel Manor College our apprenticeship programmes have been expanding rapidly at both the intermediate and advanced levels.
So, why do employers chose Apprenticeships?
Improve your bottom line
Training apprentices can be highly cost effective compared to hiring skilled staff.
Motivate your workforce
Apprentices tend to be eager, highly motivated, flexible and keen to learn new skills.
Fill your skills gaps
Apprenticeship delivers skills designed around your business needs. They help you develop the specialist skills you need to keep pace with the latest technology, working practices in your sector, and individual requirements of your business.
Help secure your future
Apprenticeships offer a chance to build a motivated and competent workforce to secure a strong future for your business.
Business Benefits: The Numbers
Research conducted by Populus to launch the first National Apprenticeship Week, revealed what employers from across the UK viewed as the clear business benefits of Apprenticeships:
- 88% of employers believe Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated, proactive and overall a more satisfied workforce
- 83% of employers rely on Apprenticeships to provide the skilled workers their business needs for the future
- 80% of employers have reported that Apprenticeships reduce staff turnover
- 80% of employers say apprentices benefit the workplace and increase both productivity and efficiency
- 77% of employers believe Apprenticeships make them more competitive